- Pope makes rare television address to German people, by David Kerr. Catholic News Agency 9/20/11. (Video - Rome Reports).
- Those Fearing the Future Should Follow Pope's Germany Trip Zenit 9/20/11.
- Benedict XVI Planning a Busy Trip Home Zenit 9/19/11. "Benedict XVI's trip home this week -- his third pastoral visit to Germany as Pope and his first state visit -- will be uniquely intense. The 84-year-old Pontiff will give 17 addresses and have nearly two dozen meetings in four days."
- German pope ventures into land of Luther and Marx, by Stephen Brown. Reuters. 9/16/11. "Indifference, irritation and, inevitably, protest will likely mark a papal trip to the former East Germany that includes an historic meeting in the one-time home of Martin Luther to find ways Catholics and Protestants can work together to save Germany's soul."
- Benedict among the Germans, by Samuel Gregg. American Spectator 9/12/11.
- How have the numbers in German Catholics changed during papacy of Benedict XVI? Rome Reports. (Video)
- Germany, the Mayor of Berlin Sympathetic to the Antipapists, by Allesandro Alviani. La Stampa: "Vatican Insider" 8/27/11. "The Mayor of Berlin, Klaus Wowereit, feels "great sympathy" for people who protest against Pope Benedict XVI during his first official visit to Germany."
- Benedict XVI “theologian of the modern day”, the unexpected support offered by Gregor Gysi, by Allesandro Alviani. La Stampa: "Vatican Insider" 8/23/11. "At the eve of the Pope’s trip to Germany, the leader of the radical left unexpectedly praises the Pope."
- Dialogue and reconciliation, the German church is put to the test, by Guido Horst. La Stampa: "Vatican Insider" 8/5/11. "As the President of the German Bishops Conference, the Archbishop of Freiburg, Monsignor Robert Zollitsch, closed the Conference’s plenary session in September 2010, he announced a comprehensive “process of dialogue and reflection” that would haul the Catholic Church in Germany beyond the crisis sparked by the story of abuse."
- , by Allesandro Alviani. La Stampa: "Vatican Insider" 8/2/11. "What space do homosexuals have within the Catholic Church? Ten years after the law on same sex civil unions was introduced in Germany on 1 August 2001, the question divides German bishops."
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Tommorow marks Pope Benedict XVI's third apostolic visit to Germany as Pope (and first state visit). If yesterday's story from an obviously-disgruntled Der Spiegel and Sandro Magister ("where atheists are in the majority and almost no one is baptized anymore") are any indication, he has his work cut out for him.